BYC Forum - RELIABILITY AND SIMPLICITY IN THE 40-55FT RANGE?

Zur Kategorieliste
Zur Threadübersicht

» RELIABILITY AND SIMPLICITY IN THE 40-55FT RANGE?
RELIABILITY AND SIMPLICITY IN THE 40-55FT RANGE?
JensenBreck
Geschrieben am: 04.11.2017 - 13:24
Leichtmatrose
I've cancelled 2 recent Bahamas trips due to last minute mechanical/electrical issues. Relatively minor problems at the worst times (welcome to boating!). My slip neighbor was complaining about the same thing after his trip was cut short. It got me thinking, what is the most reliable and 'simple' vessel in the 40-55ft range that can comfortably accommodate 1-2 couples for warm weather cruising? I'm currently in a 48ft express cruiser with twin diesels, less than 5 years old. I've been frustrated enough lately to consider something smaller with outboards or a single engine setup like a Back Cove in order to reduce the possibility of things going wrong. I know this is a loaded question, since every creature comfort increases the complexity of a boat. And I definitely want most of the standard amenities: cabin, AC, generator, head, galley, etc. But is there a manufacturer equivalent of a Honda/Toyota - mostly reliable with minimal problems? Perhaps it isn't a manufacturer so much as a style - e.g. lobster boat, single diesel engine, enclosed cockpit. Any input or advice appreciated. I didn't find the right solution from the internet. References: http://www.yachtforums.com/threads/reliability-and-simplicity-in-the-40-55ft-range.28116/ Advertising Campaign

Zuletzt editiert von JensenBreck, 04-11-2017, 13:25.

Schon gesehen?
Neusiedlersee Wiki
!

ASVÖ

login

|
- Website by LimeSoda -